Thursday, September 14, 2006

(Not so) Random You Tube Videos

There isn't much going on in the world of Cleveland sports today. Kellen Winslow came out and guaranteed a win this weekend.... er... season. Not this week. But this year. Ballsy.

I actually don't mind K2's bravado. At least someone on the Browns needs to step up and light a fire under their asses. If Winslow wants to keep the media focus on him and not the terrible line and play calling, I'm all for that. Winslow also said he has confidence in Bodden (to stop Chad Johnson) and in Maurice Carthon's play calling (which makes him the first).

Meanwhile, Terry Pluto wrote a nice letter to Chuck Amato, basically telling him to suck it. Personally, I think Pluto is the premier sports columnist of NE Ohio. Anything he writes I just eat up.

Besides those two incidents it's been pretty slow, so here's some videos that I've enjoyed.

First is this bit from the Daily Show.



Now, disagree with Stewart and Colbert all you want, and I'm fine with that. I can see how some people may not like these guys. But that sketch is why this show is an American Institution. Not only is it amazing that theres a politcal show that college age kids watch (I mean, just think about that for a second) but it brings up issues that no one talks about.

This whole question mark business is a great example. Who's going to criticize CNN and Fox? I mean really, who on television is going to find fault with how they present their news. This is a great dialogue and can inspire some critical thinking of how news information is presented to us.

This next video is by VoteVets.org and it is one of the best political ads I've ever seen.

No comments: