Tuesday, September 30, 2008

So can everyone STFU now?

I'm sure ESPN will run this quote just as often as they ran the 'favorite borough is Brooklyn' quote:
"I never gave an indication I was leaving Cleveland," he said. "I never gave any indication I didn't like being here. Every time I'm asked that question, [I answer] I love being here, I love playing in front of these fans. My family's here. I grew up 30 miles away from here. I never gave any indication I did not like playing for the Cleveland Cavaliers. I like the Yankees and Cowboys, but it has nothing to do with the Cavaliers."


In other Cavalier news, James said he's "five times better than I was in Game 7 of the Boston series." Now, I don't believe his math (though I'd love to be wrong), but the Cavs are in a really good spot this year. They're talking championship- and they should be.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a shock. Nowhere to be found on ESPN.

If LeBron really wants everyone to STFU about all of this, he'll sign a contract extension next summer when the Cavs put it on the table.

Obtaining possession of the Larry O'Brien Trophy next June would undoubtedly help that cause.

Ben said...

to be fair to ESPN, it is in their 'rumors' section. though not on TrueHoop or any headlines.