Saturday, March 12, 2005

Hudson

So I don't know if you've heard about the HudsonHigh School walk out incident, but here's the story. Aparently all the reason kids need to walk out of HHS these days is the principal being fired. Hey, at least when we walked out we had a teachers strike. Aparently kids were peppersprayed by some cops during the walkout. To make matters worse, it was caught on film. Good times.

Now, to make sure no one gets exploited in this, Michael Moore has stepped into the fray. Now, there are certain times I like Moore and there are certain times I don't, and this is of the latter. I'd be really surprised if kids really feel that bad for the principal OR if they just wanted a reason to leave school for a little while.

Imagine you're sitting in the commons and some kids come up and say we're walking out tomorrow at 10 am (600 kids actually walked out, a decent amount) to protest the principals fireing. you think to yourself, yea, I got math class then, fuck math class, I'm walking out! So maybe some kids do think the principal got a raw deal, I just find it hard to believe that all 600 felt this strongly.

No comments: