Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I'm baaaack

Sorry about the lack of updates, but I've been pretty busy the past weekend (Jazz show) and I was gone all day Monday in Cinci.

But the Cavs won two in a row. I think they'll make the playoffs and I actually think they could make it as a 7 seed. Now do I see them beating Detroit? No, but I doubt the series will go only 4 games.

McInnis has played well the past couple games and it's about time. Players (LeBron) have complained about the recent benching of McInnis without explanation. Well, McInnis has been playing selfishly and he hasn't been playing defense. Point guards were killing us and McInnis has been obsessed with himself and his stats (and he's aparently not to happy when it's reported that he's selfish). Do I think Eric Snow is necessarily the answer? No, but I'd rather have his crappy offense and his good defense than McInnis's so-so offense and really shitty defense.

Gooden has been playing very well recently also, and I may be changing my tune on him. But I feel once I do, he's going to have a couple shitty games in a row. When Gooden is aggressive, he scores at will and the Cavs usually win (or are at least competative). On Monday LeBron and Gooden hooked up for 14 pick and rolls in the first half alone (and they scored on 11 of them). The problem with Gooden is that sometimes he falls in love with his (crappy) jumper and he loses his focus. But he's also been traded twice and has had 6 coaches in 3 years in the league, so maybe if he gets some stability (the whole god damned team needs it!) he'll show up 82 games a year, instead of just 41. And hey, at least he isn't dead.

No comments: