Sunday, April 03, 2005

Sunday Stuff

Well, the Cavs just killed the Mavs on national TV, a few days after looking like shit on ESPN versus the Kings (and like crap in the OT vs the Bulls on TNT). It's a good win for them and a key part of the game was that Malone played James at point guard/forward during the 4th quarter.

Gooden and the Tractor got ejected at the end of the 3rd (Robert with reason, Gooden without) and it put a spark in the team (and forced Malones hand and made him play Varejao). The Cavs made the comeback to win it versus the Hornets with James at point, and they made a comeback (too late) vs the Kings with James at point. So what's this tell you, when the offense gets stagnant, play LeBron at point guard.

Terry Pluto has a great column today about the Cavs playing too loud of music at the Gund. I have a story about this myself. I went to a couple games last year and I took a survey at one and a phone survey after the second one. Both times I voiced my satisfaction with the game and team itself. But both times I complained about Moondog (their dumbass mascot) and the cheerleaders. I tried to get across a simple point: I go to Cavs games to watch basketball. That's why people go. To see LeBron and the Cavs win. It's really simple. Have you ever heard someone wax nostalgic about the Chicago Bulls cheerleaders from the 90s? I doubt it. Play all the hip music you want, it just makes the atmosphere seem even more lame, showcase the game, the players and the community. The more you try to create an aura with the 'Cavaliers experience' the more you are ruining the basketball fan experience. It's already expensive to go to the games, I want to enjoy it without hearing the newest single by Usher or Beyonce every 5 seconds.

No comments: