Tuesday, October 18, 2005

The NBA Dress Code

The NBA just started a new dress code for its players (for league functions and when they're on the bench injured and the like). Some people have made a big deal out of this, some players aren't happy (Marcus Camby said the league needs give players a clothes stipen... even though they make millions... right).

Personally, I don't see what the big deal is, the NBA is your employer and if they want to have a dress code, then they can have a dress code. I work at Barnes and Noble, I think I could wear some nice jeans while at work and still look good. Does it matter? No. They have a dress code, and if I want to work there, I have to abide by it.

I've heard it called cultural imperialsim and I've heard the 'free country' argument. Look, its a job, the company wants you to look nice on the job. Thats it.

No comments: