Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I hate Mark Stein

His latest power rankings are out and the Cavs dropped to 14th:

14 (10) Cavs 10-7. I know they miss Hughes. I know nights like Saturday in Houston happen to everyone. But a 6-7 record in the East? With losses to Bobcats, Hawks and Knicks?
I can understand ranking the Cavs low, but 14th? Really? 10-7 is underachieving, but come on, they are without their starting shooting guard. I've disagreed with Stein before (here and here) but I can happily say that the Cavs are ranked ahead of the Bul-WHAT?
11 (18) Bulls 7-9. Bulls have endured the hardest schedule in the league so far, as well as a national headband debate, but none of that really has set them back. What a conference.
How the hell are the Cavs behind the Bulls, a team with a worse record, who the Cavs destroyed?? Honestly, what the hell is going on here? How does this even remotely make sense.

I know the Bulls are on a 5 game win streak, but they beat New York twice, NOOCH, Washington and Boston. And I know they looked good doing it. But come on. Worse record + lost the head to head.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Power Rankings! These always make sense. Look out tomorrow. I'll have some of my own.