Sunday, November 01, 2009

Delonte is back and I'm having CPU troubles

It was great to see Delonte West back in uniform (I was at the game, the crowd cheered every he did anything or was showed on the jumbotron) and it was even better to see him and the Cavaliers play so well.

Unfortunately, my computer monitor is on the fritz. If you turn it off and back on, I'll be able to see the screen for somewhere between 1-5 seconds and then it turns to black. So whenever I try to do anything (play a CD, visit a site, do some writing, etc), even if it's quick, I'm turning the monitor on and off like 50 times. It's a bit infuriating, as you can imagine. I'm not entirely sure what I'm gonna do with this, other than try to make due (same thing happened about two weeks ago and one random time I turned it on and it stayed lit. So I dunno).

Anyways. It was great to see the Cavs beat some teams they should beat. The offense looked better (though LeBron is settling for WAY too many jumpers for my tastes. To his credit, the shots are dropping, but I'd rather him move around or post up rather than hoist jumpers. For all the crap we give Mike Brown's offense, I'm fairly certain he isn't telling LeBron hold the ball for 10 seconds and hoist a 22 footer).

I will say it's striking how everything looks with Z on the floor. The offense just flows that much better. I like what Shaq has been giving the Cavs thus far (though they have to figure out what to do with him in pick-and-roll situations on both ends) but the offense simply dies when he's out there.

All in all, it was great to see them get a win while getting Delonte back into things. It's no accident that Mo had 24 points the same night Delonte returned.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i agree, the offense does bog down with shaq in there because the rest of the cavs do the same thing they do with lebron at the top of the key - they just stand around and watch. i think shaq needs to come off the bench and not play so many of the peak minutes to start the first & 3rd quarters. can you imagine him going up against other team's back-up centers instead of their starters. omg!!!

Apartments for Rent in Manhattan said...

These are all excellent posts. thanks for the links. You seem to be reading day and night looking for good stuff to post.