Thursday, February 25, 2010

Why, thank you, Washington

For my birthday? You shouldn't have (wait. No, you totally should've):

The Wizards have reached a buyout agreement with center Zydrunas Ilgauskas, according to a person with knowledge of the negotiations. The 7-foot-3 Ilgauskas is expected to pay back between $1 million and $1.5 million of his $11.5 million contract, the person said. Ilgauskas agreed to the terms late Wednesday night. A formal announcement will likely come on Thursday.

Ilgauskas's agent, Herb Rudoy, said the sides are "very close" and he expects to have the paperwork completed "in the morning."
Awesome.

While the earliest Z can resign with the Cavs is March 21st (the Cavs play Detroit at home that evening), he can make his intentions known once he's a free agent. Word is Denver and Atlanta will make a push for Z, but I really can't imagine that the big fella would end up anywhere but back home.

For what it's worth, Z finalizing his buyout is now officially my second favorite birthday NBA transaction.

The first? The Cavs acquired this guy on the day I turned five:



Also, I share a birthday with both George Harrison and Kurt Rambis. This makes me about 10% cooler than you.

The Cavs would really top off my day with a win over the Paul Pierce-less Celtics tonight.

2 comments:

davemanddd said...

until z actually comes back and signs another contract here, i'm not gonna hold my breath waiting. don't forget the one wildcard in all these things - the greed of the player's agent. he could get more money elsewhere as the cavs can only offer a pro-rated amount of the veterans' minimum salary. now that would truly suck.

glenie said...

Where to buy sour diesel near me.

Best place to buy sour diesel online.

Where to order sour diesel online.

Ultimate sour patch.

Best place to buy sour tangie online.

Where to buy blue dream near me.

Where to order blue dream online.