Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Knock Me Over With a Feather

No way, Derek Anderson doesn't like Browns fans:
Derek Anderson's contract was terminated on Tuesday.

His parting message to Browns fans will ring long after his passing statistics from the past five years fade into obscurity.

"The fans are ruthless and don't deserve a winner," Anderson wrote Tuesday in a terse e-mail when asked for a reaction to being released. "I will never forget getting cheered when I was injured.

"I know at times I wasn't great. I hope and pray I'm playing when my team comes to town and (we) roll them."
Can't say I'm surprised. Of course he hates Browns fans. We ripped the dude. I know I have (though I'm too lazy to go through my own archives).

As for that whole 'cheering an injury' thing... ya, can't say I blame him. This is the second time now that Browns fans have cheered an injured Browns QB (Tim Couch was the first). I know it wasn't everyone and it wasn't like the stadium erupted... but it's not good a trend. Even if I kinda/sorta understand the sentiment (hey, this bum is finally out of the game! Now the other bum gets to play!), you just can't do it. The fact that it's a Cleveland player makes it all the worse (at least Philly fans cheer their opponents getting hurt).

But I'm not sorry to see D.A. go. It's obvious that he wasn't going to work out here and maybe he'll catch on and 'get it' with another squad. Honestly, I feel like they wasted last season by playing Anderson. The fact that they still don't really know what they have in Brady Quinn boggles my mind to no end.

It would've been better for everyone involved if Anderson had gotten traded after the 2007 season. That alone was reason enough for Phil Savage to lose his job. But who knows, if Savage doesn't screw that up, Mike Holmgren probably isn't running the show today.

First Corey Williams, now Derek Anderson. The Browns are cleaning house.