Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Comedy

Not sure how I feel about this:
Jimmy Fallon
Triumph the Insult Comic Dog Presents Bonnapoo 2009
An Evening (or Afternoon) with the Daily Show featuring John Oliver & Rob Riggle
Michael Ian Black & Michael Showalter
Aziz Ansari
Kristen Schaal
Arj Barker
Todd Barry
Rory Albanese
Wayne Federman
Nick Thune
Nick Kroll
Kurt Braunohler
Amy Schumer
Kumail Nanjiani
Pete Homes
Now, I'm definitely pumped for some of these names. I missed Michael Showalter & Co. (Stella) when they performed in Cleveland a few months ago, so seeing him and Michael Ian Black should be sweet. Also, I saw Aziz Ansari at Bonnaroo a few years ago and he was freaking hilarious, so no complaints there. And I love the Daily Show, so I'm on board with Oliver and Riggle.

However, Jimmy Fallon and Comic the Insult Comic Dog are the headliners? What year is this, 1999? Seriously, WTF? I know Fallon has the late night gig, but from what I've heard, it is not that good. Maybe he'll surprise me, I dunno. But after seeing the likes of Mike Birbiglia, Patton Oswalt, Dave Attel, Lewis Black, David Cross and Zach Galifianakis headline recent years, Jimmy Fallon and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog leave something to be desired.

Lord, I can't wait to watch the NBA Finals with a tent full of dirty hippies. Nothing quite like it.

No comments: