Thursday, July 14, 2005

Pluto on the the Tribe's Playoff chances

here.

There's a lot of talk about trading for a veteren hitter. Especially one to play first, third or an outfield spot. The name I hear the most is Joe Randa from the Reds. I'm not big on Joe Randa, though he is hitting .300 this year, he is 35 years old. He's a career .287 hitter. Honestly, I haven't given up on Aaron Boone. I don't know, I think he could be here for a few more years (he's 32).

I have heard rumors (from my brother, but he's up in Cleveland with Cleveland sports talk radio, so who knows) about trading for one of the Reds outfielders. This I agree with. The player I'd least like to have is Adam Dunn. True, he can hit the ball a mile, but he strikes out more than I do at $1 mug nite. The Tribe wouldn't pay for Griffey (though it wouldn't be a bad fit, veteren guy, bring in some fans, he could DH or play right or left, keep him out of center where he'll hurt himself...) so that probably wouldn't be the guy. But Willie Mo Pena?

He'd be a great fit for the team and I think he'd be a guy they could plug into right field for the next 5 years. Have Pena, Crisp, Sizemore, Victor, Hafner, Peralta, CC, Westbrook and Lee be your foundation and get other guys as needed? Not too shabby.

No comments: