Saturday, April 08, 2006

Shoulder update and stuff

Sorry for the lack of updates, I wish I felt like posting more, but right now, since I do nothing, I feel like I don't have a lot to say.

The shoulder seems a bit worse today. I have good days and bad days with it, but today I felt like I couldn't lift it much at all; it has been a struggle all day. I slept on my right side last night, and my shoulder kind of hung over my body (or draped over) and I it is sore from that.

Physical therapy is going well; I'm doing the exercises everyday.

Hudson is really really really really boring. I basically know 3 people here; I see one of them once or twice a week or so, I've had dinner with another one, and the third hasn't returned my calls since the third day I was home; that's pretty sweet.

Some random thoughts:

The Cavs snapped the Nets 14 game winning streak, at New Jersey today. It was a great win by LeBron and the Cavs; they were down 5 with less than 2 minutes to go. To make a comeback like that, on the road no less, really shows something about this team. And say what you will about the Knicks game (and I have) but as bad as they played in that game, they only lost by 2. So they have won 10 of the last 11 with the only loss being by 2 points, on the road, which was the fourth game in 5 nights. Needless to say, the Cavs are doing well. I've heard a lot of buzz about the Nets recently, people even seem to think they have a chance to overtake Miami for the 2nd seed in the East. That's all well and good, but the Cavs are only one game behind the Nets (Cavs record: 46-30. Nets record: 46-29) and everyone is still doubting LeBron's crunch time performances (today, 18 points in the fourth).

The Cavs impessed me today a number of ways. They ended the first half by bring NJ's lead back down to 5 (it was 11), so they finished a half well. Also, they got a lot of help from other players besides LeBron and Z (who was hurt, which makes this win more impressive). Gooden had 18 and Hughes and Murray both had 15. Anderson Varejao had 11 points with the 2 go ahead free throws.

Just a great game over all.

No comments: