Sunday, April 02, 2006

So its been a few days

I know I haven't blogged in awhile, and it isn't because I've been busy. In fact, it's the opposite, I do nothing.

Of course, that's the simplified answer, but I haven't really done anything exciting.

Paul and I watched some movies, Capote and King Kong. Capote was pretty good, I enjoyed it a lot Philip Seymour Hoffman deserved the Oscar he got for it. King Kong on the other hand.... Let me say this: long movies don't really bother me. I can watch the extended Lord of the Rings no problem. I don't mind length if the movie is good. But Kong? That was a long ass movie and it was good, not great. I get the character development and all that. But King Kong is a popcorn flick. We don't see Kong for an hour. And two hours into it, you realize: holy shit, they haven't captured him and they're nowhere near NYC. So that was Kong.

I also started to read this past week (I didn't really read during my first week home, due to the painkillers; couldn't really concerntrate). I read Dan Brown's Angels and Demons.

My roomate told me it was just like The Da Vinci Code, but I didn't realize how close that was to the truth. Check the Wikipedia article on Angels and Demons to see what I mean.

Currently, I'm on the second book in Dragonlance's Defenders of Magic trilogy, The Medusa Plague. The first book, Night of the Eye, was pretty good.

Shoulder News: I had a followup with my surgeon this past Friday. My dad and I drove down to Columbus for a meeting that lasted less than 10 minutes. I was told I'm doing well and that the biggest worry is that I don't over due it. Also, they showed me snapshots of the shoulder during surgery. That was neat.

Yesterday I got to watch 3 basketball games. The Cavs-Heat game and the two Final Four games. By far the best game of basketball played yesterday was in Cleveland. LeBron and Dwayne Wade went off. Both scored over 40 and were huge in the clutch. The George Mason-Florida game was pretty good in the first half but slowed in the second, while the LSU-UCLA game sucked throughout. I hope Monday night's final will be better than Saturday's games.

As for the rest of my Sunday? The Cavs play again today at 6, the Tribe opens the MLB season vs the ChiSox at 8 and there's a new West Wing tonight. Boo ya.

No comments: