Sunday, July 30, 2006

What's this? Good News? For the Browns?

Wah?

I remember reading some stories earlier in the offseason (if I were a good blogger, I'd find the links, but guess what, I'm not- I want to say it was in ESPN the Magazine, but I can't find shit online) about how Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow were working out and rehabbing together. They both have knee injuries, and though Winslow got hurt earlier, he had a relapse and was basically on the same track as Edwards. The article was about how the two players were pushing each other and becoming all buddy-buddy.

When training camp started I read/heard a lot of stuff about how Winslow became good friends with Browns QB Charlie Frye. Joint work outs, buddy-buddy shit, going to Akron games- that kinda stuff.

This struck me as odd because Winslow was back practicing and Edwards wasn't going to be back until October. Now Edwards comes back 2-3 months before schedule? Really? This guy was put on the unable to practice list recently, how the hell can he jump ahead 3 months?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I just think something smells fishy. Somebody was being lied to, whether it was the Browns to the media, Edwards doctor to the Browns or... I don't even know, someone else lying... uh.. anyways my point... this doesn't happen, you don't just skip three months of rehab.

No comments: