Thursday, March 08, 2007

Jamal Lewis? WTF?

Does Browns management hate the fans? I'm just asking because I hate Jamal Lewis. Also, I don't like this move.

First of all, what is Phil Savage doing, did the Browns really need this guy? I know he's only 27, but he seems to be declining. Plus, the Browns already have used up RB in Reuben Droughns. Do they really need another one?

Also, and more importantly, how am I supposed to root for Jamal Lewis? This guy has killed the Browns over the years, went to jail AND played for the Ravens. It's bad enough that we have Cleveland reporters angling for the Browns to hire former Stealer coach Bill Cowher, but for the Browns to sign a certified Browns killer? Damn.

Browns fas have already swallowed their pride and rooted for brash receivers from Miami (FL) and M*ch*g*n. We're not happy about it, but these are good, young players so we suck it up (well, most of us).

But Jamal Lewis? This would be like the Cavs signing Rasheed Wallace in 3 years. Sure he took a cheap at Z and we all hate the guy, but hey, now he's old and worthless!

And don't even get me started on the draft implications. If this signing somehow opens the doors for a non-lineman, non-Adrian Peterson draft pick... I'm pretty sure I'll go insane.
If I have to root for an offense that involves Winslow, Edwards, Brady Quinn and Jamal Lewis... well, something may be set on fire.

This came out of nowhere. Why did the Browns decide to sign a former Raven who averaged 3.6 yards last season? I've been underwhelmed with Reuben Droughns for awhile now, so I'm not exactly bummed about replacing him. I really don't want to see a Droughns-Lewis splitting the carries situation. Droughns needs to be cut now so, for nothing else, I can still pretend that the Browns will be drafting Peterson, not Brady Quinn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you can't beat 'em, sign 'em.

Anonymous said...

The Ravens cut ties with Jamal Lewis, a bruising power back whose body is one busted ankle away from beind a total wreck, and acquire Willis McGahee, a finesse back whose best days are probably ahead of him.

The whole thing makes me itch. At face value, it looks like the Ravens might have gotten one over on the Browns. I hope not. But needless to say, it wouldn't surprise me if that were the case.

achromaticfailure said...

you have inspired me to BLOG!

-ben

http://achromaticfailure.blogspot.com

Ben said...

I'm all for signing players off the division rivals. But sign good players, not over the hill ones

Anonymous said...

Absolutely. Getting Eric Steinbach from the Bengals was a great move.

Getting Jamal Lewis ... ehh, we'll see.