Monday, March 26, 2007

Random Thoughts from the Weekend

1. So I missed last week's RTftW. Oops.

2. As you may or may not know, I'll be guest blogging over at Yaysports! NBA on Wednesday, this means I'll probably be writing ahead of time and actually thinking about what I write (instead of just shooting from the hip as I'm apt to do here).

3. Ya, I don't plan things out too much. Oh, I have a rough guide of what I want to write in my head, but it's not like I go through a couple drafts or anything.

4. It shows, doesn't it?

5. RE: Buckeyes: This feels like a Team of Destiny. They almost had to make the Final Foul after their 2nd and 3rd round games. I have them winning it all in my bracket (3 of the 4 didn't have OSU in the Final Foul)

6. I love how Matta will throw a lineup out there of 4 guards with Oden patrolling the middle. It almost reminds me of the Pistons with Ben Wallace; the guards can harass their guy close up because they have that security blanket behind 'em.

7. If Oden somehow stays, Ohio State will be practically unstoppable next season. As it is they only lost 3 games. It's wouldn't be blasphemous to discuss the possibility of an undefeated season.

8. Assuming Matta stays.

9. To be fair, it seems everybody is rumored for the Kentucky job and somehow I don't see Matta leaving this soon. He's got all the resources in the world in Columbus, there's really no reason to leave (especially if Oden stays. You don't walk away from Oden and Conley)

10. The Cavs are in one of their slumps again, it's been that kind of season.

11. I didn't participate in this but I'll give my opinion anyway. I don't think the Cavs will win the East. Is it possible? Yes. But that involves them A) coming out of their recent funk and B) keeping the goodness flowing 'til the end of the season. I don't see that happening.

12. I'm prepared for anything come playoff time, nothing would surprise me. I wouldn't be shocked if the offense shut down and they lost in the first round. At the same time, I could see them catching fire and going on a deep playoff run. And honestly, I think it's an 'either/or' scenario.

13. Danny Ferry was on Jim Rome today, here's an audio link.

14. Someone else is on the Joe Thomas bandwagon too.

15. Surprisingly, Limbaugh doesn't really know what he's talking about. I've been reading stories about Hollywoods' 'Magic Negro' character for awhile now (Will Smith in Legend of Bagger Vance and Don Cheadle in The Family Man are just some of the quick ones off the top of my head).

16. Josh Marshall explains the whole Attorney Purge Scandal and why this is important.

17. Glenn Greenwald discusses executive privilege and how the press is handling the scandal.

18. This doesn't look good.

19. This does.

20. I don't mind Sheldon Ocker that much, but DiaTribe is dead on about Wright, Pluto and Windhorst.

21. Who'd you rather have, Kobe or Nash? Basketbawful makes a lot of interesting points.

22. Somehow it feels wrong to be making fun of Mo Vaughn.

23. Jackson Publick discusses the making of the 3rd Venture Bros season. I absolutely love hearing/reading about the creative process and seeing why artists chose to do what they did and how they went about doing it. I find it fascinating.

24. Brian Windhorst had a real nice article on Sunday about OJ Mayo that is definitely worth a read. Also, go watch theTim Floyd interview from PTI on ESPN.com

25. So I've been talking up the Fratellis quite a bit (and rightly so IMO) but I'd be amiss if I didn't point out that they're riding the coattails of the Arctic Monkeys (and the Arctic Monkeys road the coattails of the Libertines). The Fratellis are a more radio friendly version of the Arctic Monkeys, who are a more radio friendly version of the Libertines. And the Libertines, well, they kick(ed) ass.

Don't Look Back into the Sun

No comments: