Sunday, October 14, 2007

Holy Crap!

I'm tired, but here's some thoughts...

How will Joe Torre come back and use the bullpen for Game 3... wait... sorry...

A split in Boston is all you could've hoped for. Sure, neither C.C. or Carmona pitched particularly well, but at the end of the day, the series is tied 1-1.

You can't keep falling behind Boston's hitters. That seemed to be Carmona's big issue, first pitch balls. Carmona and other Tribe pitchers have also blown a lot of 0-2 counts.

Manny Rameriz scares the crap out of me (and apparently Cleveland's pitching staff). A few of those blown 0-2 counts came against Manny.

Am I still allowed to hate Trot Nixon? I've hated that guy all my life (including this season) and now he just saved the Tribe's ass. *tipping the hat*

"It seemed like a Boston Marathon, but Cleveland rocked tonight". God dammit Fox, come on!

Fox has been better than TBS in recognizing that two teams are involved, but it's still heavily titled towards Beantown. When Boston's batters are up, they talk about Boston's batters... when Cleveland's batters are up, they talk about Curt Schilling. Awesome.

I don't know what it is, the fans, the media, my lack of total confidence in the Tribe, but every time the Red Sox scored, it felt like the world was ending. Fenway erupting, everyone acting like the win was inevitable... plus Ortiz and Ramirez always seemed to be involved...

But every time Boston took a lead, Cleveland stormed right back scored the very next inning. That was huge for the psyche (theirs, mine, whoevers).

What was with the strike zone? Nothing made sense to me, the zone seemed to change throughout the game (neither team really benefited, but it was just weird).

Jhonny Peralta is playing out of his God damned mind. At this point it's ridiculous.

One run lead.... shit Borowoski, get him another run... Two run lead... ok... I can breathe... but one more... Three run lead... alright... Four run lead... ok... not a save, but Joe will probably make it one but pull it through... Seven run lead... I think he's got this one in the bag...

So who's going to be the first columnist to write the 'Playoff games start too late and kids won't be able to stay up and watch with their dad like I did growing up' column? I say Bill Livingston, but Terry Pluto could pull it off, albeit in a more palpable way.

Will Bud Shaw throw Carmona under the bus, like he did to Sabathia? I say no.

Dice-K and Tim Wakefield versus Jake Westbrook and Paul Byrd? I don't know... I'd say you give the edge to Cleveland, but its pretty close. I have a sick feeling that Wakefield will do well, though I think both Westbrook and Byrd will do decent. Dice-K? Who the hell knows?

Cleveland lost Game 1 of the ALCS in both 1995 and 1997. Just sayin'.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am entirely too drunk and hungover to write a sensible comment. I also have a meeting with my bosses at our Browns suite in 2 hours. Most insightful post ever? I think so.

LargeBill said...

No one has mentioned this, but Dice K might be vulnerable. This is his first season in the US and our season is much longer than in the Japanese league. Add the playoffs and he is pitching a lot more innings than he is used to pitching.

Ben said...

I am very confident with Westbrook going against Dice K. Especially since the Tribe is at home.