Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Here's the Deal

On Friday, we went out for Nicks birthday (I met up after I got out of work). Good time was had by all and I went to bed in preparation to work at 10 AM on Saturday morning.

I woke up at 7:20 on Saturday in a lot of pain. I wasn't sure what it was. I tried to get up and around, but I ended up crawling around on the ground. I managed to go downstairs and take some pills (ibuprofen) I had.

Still hurt like hell.

Finally it dawned on me what actually hurt. My shoulder. My left one. The same one I injured almost a month ago.

It was dislocated.

So I called home, delirious, and told them, between shouts of pain, that I hurt real bad and my shoulder was dislocated. Then I called 911 and had them meet me outside. Curbside pickup.

Then I went to the hospital and sat around for a little while. They weren't as helpful or cool as the last time. Anyway, 5 hours, 2 x-rays and not too many drugs later, I was on my way to Hudson with my parents (who drove down to pick me up).

So, to recap, I dislocated my shoulder while SLEEPING and had to go to the hospital. I can't drive. It hurts without me moving it. I hate the pills I have to take. I hate having to miss work and class.

Good times.

No comments: