Friday, May 04, 2007

Here and There

That Golden State - Dallas game was awesome. The crowd was awesome, Stephen Jackson was crazy-awesome and Baron Davis had a Willis Reed type game. Golden State was just too quick and too hot for Dallas to handle.

Are we aware that the Indians have the best record in baseball? The just swept the Blue Jays. They're tied for the best home record and they are 9-1 in their last 10. Johnny Peralta leads the team in RBIs, Ryan Garko is getting playing time and teams are afraid to death of Travis Hafner. This is awesome.

Brady Quinn makes his Browns debut today
. Unfortunately for rabid Browns fans, the mini-camp isn't open to the public. If Brady Quinn wasn't on the Browns, I'd be laughing really hard at this. The Browns also signed undrafted rookie RB Tyrone Moss from the U. Not a bad pickup.

Also, in case you haven't noticed, I'm all done guest-blogging at Yaysports. In case your interested (and I'm sure you're not) and too lazy to use the Google, here are the songs that I used for post titles:
The Libertines - The Boy Looked at Johnny
Sondre Lerche - John, Let Me Go
The Fratellis - Whistle for the Choir
The Hold Steady - Massive Nights
The Mountain Goats - This Year
Reel Big Fish - Your Guts (I Hate 'Em)
Dispatch - The General
Dirty Pretty Things - The Wondering
God Street Wine - Wendy
(do I get to keep my rock snob credentials?)

Drew Gooden has averaged 14.5 and 10 and Z had 19 and 11 against the Wizards; the more the big men produce, the farther the Cavs will go. If the big men produce (and hit their jumpers) the more stress/pressure/double teams it takes off LeBron. I've made it known that I'd rather face the Raptors than the Nets. For now, the Cavs are preparing as if they're facing the Nets (which I think is a good idea, cause if they play Sunday, it's gonna be the Nets, if they have to wait til Tuesday, it could be anyone and you shouldn't overly concern yourself with Toronto until after game 6). I still think the Cavs will beat whoever they face, but it'd be quicker with the Raptors and I (and everyone else) figure that Detroit and Chicago will beat the shit out of each other for 7 games. However, part of me hopes that the Nets just end the series tonight just so the Cavs can stop mulling around; some rest time is good, too much time off is bad (though they're counting their blessings).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don Nelson Smokes Cubans!
just got my GOLDEN STATE 'WE BELIEVE' t-shirt!
Go Warriors!
http://moeschwag.com/gostofmiwebe.html