Sunday, June 11, 2006

About My Music Reviews

If you've noticed, I seem to review CDs that A) I really like or B) are really important to me. Trust me, there are CDs out there that I didn't care for. I can think of two off the top of my head:

Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah

and

Panic! at the Disco - A Fever You Can't Sweat Out.

The way I write my reviews (song by song recaps), it takes awhile and I have to listen to these songs a lot. Which is fine when I like the CDs. But if I don't care for 'em... not as fun. The CD's above are both from bands that are pretty well hyped. I didn't care for 'em. Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah just seemed boring to me, while A Fever You Can't Sweat Out really seemed over produced and too 'electronic' and 'protools'. Just too over produced for me.

So if it seems like I only review CD's I really like... well... you are correct sir.

No comments: