Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fantasy Baseball

I try to play most fantasy sports. I follow sports, I have friends- why not, right?

Football is by far the easiest to follow through on- you only have to update once a week and you're good to go if you pay attention on Sundays and Mondays. That's it.

But with fantasy baseball and basketball, well, I have a hard time. Both are big commitments (follow through every day, don't forget, keep up with other teams, etc) but obviously, baseball is much longer.

In the past I've tried both and have had more success with baseball (surprised? With other sports, I understand (and approve) of the scoring systems, but in basketball I just can't get into it. Blocks and FT% count just as much as Points? Really? No thanks). But that's all relative- I usually start out slow (because when baseball is starting up, I'm completely focussed on the 7 months of NBA playoffs) and then, once I'm behind enough, just stop caring.

Well, this year is different! Kinda. I got two teams, one in Yahoo! and one in Sandbox. I'm not sure if I've even updated my Yahoo! team at all (mostly because I missed the draft- which was held at 6pm on a Friday) but my Sandbox team... well... that cost me money.

So now that I have a stake in the game, maybe we'll see if I actually keep up with it all season. I'd like to think I will, but who really knows.

Because you don't care at all, here are my rosters:

Yahoo! (Auto-draft):
Position Players: C - Kenji Johjima, 1B - Lance Berkman, Prince Fielder, Mark Teixeira, 2B - Brian Roberts, 3B - Alex Rodriguez, SS - Miguel Tehjada, OF - Bobby Abreu, Alfonso Soriano, Jermaine Dye
Pitchers: SP - John Lackey, Brett Myers, Jeremy Bonderman, Erik Bedard, Aaron Harang, RP - Joe Nathan, Chris Ray

Sandbox (self draft):
Position Players: C - Ivan Rodriguez, A.J. Pierzynski, 1B - Travis Hafner, Nick Swisher, Prince Fielder, 2B - Josh Barfield, Brandon Phillips, 3B - Aramis Ramirez, Adrian Beltre, Kevin Kouzmanoff, SS - Michael Young, OF - J.D. Drew, Grady Sizemore, Curtis Granderson, Hideki Matsui
Pitchers: SP - Felix Hernandez, Dontrelle Willis, Jered Weaver, Justin Verlander, Jeremy Sowers, Brandon Webb, Zack Greinke, Matt Morris, RP - Bobby Jenks, Tom Gordon

In case you couldn't tell, I like my chances with the Sandbox squad (also, it's filled with Indians and former Indians. Awesome).

No comments: