Wednesday, September 26, 2007

What the Hell?

My God:
On a street corner at the edge of a Kroger's parking lot, near a janitorial supply store and just blocks from the main campus drag of restaurants and shops, Ohio State freshman quarterback Antonio Henton at 8:27 Monday night became the inevitable Buckeye on the police blotter.

With $19 in his pocket, Henton solicited an undercover police officer on the corner of North High Street and 6th Avenue, offering $20 for sex, according to Franklin County Municipal Court records. Henton, the Buckeyes' 20-year-old third-string quarterback from Fort Valley, Ga., entered a plea of not guilty Tuesday morning, posted a $274 bond and was released. He is expected to have his court date set today.

Wow. Just... wow. I'm baffled. I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, what was Antonio Henton thinking? I used to live a few blocks from that Kroger (which students called Ghetto Kroger, due to its location and crappiness), I would frequent it quite often and if their hookers are anywhere near the quality of their food/store.... yikes.

The thing is, if I were to go start looking for hookers in Columbus, Ghetto Kroger would probably be the last place I'd go to. But hey, maybe I'm naive; Ghetto Kroger could be the spot to pick up a whore. I've gotten terrible food there, I've been asked for money repeatedly while shopping amd I've seen a guy take a piss, on his own car, in the middle of the parking lot, but I'd like to think I'd have noticed hookers wandering about. And the fact that he only offered $20 kinda confirms my suspicions on the quality of the product

You know what the most shocking thing is? A member of the Ohio State football team felt he had to find a hooker (at fucking Ghetto Kroger) in order to get laid (and he couldn't even pay for the full $20? He only had $19 on him? Where's all the boosters when you need 'em?) What's happened to campus? Can the guy not find a house party? Can he not go to Four Kegs? This shouldn't be difficult for someone in Henton's situation.

It's a sad day for the program.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On a semi-related note, I heard they made 4 Kegs 21 over because they got in trouble too many times with underage drinking. OSU's gone downhill since I left: QBs can't get laid and you can't do your underage drinking at 4 Kegs.

Anonymous said...

On the other hand, Henton is just a freshman. A freshman quarterback at Ohio State, but a freshman nontheless.

Even drunk co-eds have standards. Start with the $20 hooker, work your way up to the hot girl in your Asian Studies class.

Ben said...

Bah, no excuses. Freshman or not, Ohio State players paying for sex is crazy.

re: 4 Kegs: an end of an era. That's one of the few bars I've been kicked out of (but it was a nice story)