Friday, March 24, 2006

Day 4

Ok, I skipped day 3, but nothing really happened, Paul and I watched A History of Violence and I got a ton of HBO DVDs from the Hudson Library (Deadwood, Carnival and Six Feet Under 1 and 2). I've watched almost all of Six Feet Under season 1; it's pretty good.

Today was my first day of phyical therapy.

I really had no idea what to expect out of this, I was cut open only 4 days ago, so I couldn't really do that much. We worked a lot on my elbow, which has been imoblilized by my sling/cast thingy. The elbow has been stiff and it did feel good to get it moving. But it hurt. A lot. And not just my elbow; just moving that joint hurt my bicep and shoulder as well. I felt like I was pulling and stretching all these things that might 'pop' at any moment. We also stretched my wrist and worked on my shouler a little bit. Needless to say, my arm hurts like hell right now. AND I'm on the percocet.

Today was the first time I think I actually realized how hurt I actually am. How much work this is really going to take. It hurt like fuck to bend my elbow. It hurt for an hour later, and I was on some pretty heavy duty pain killers. It was kind of an eye opener.

Anyway, I have some more HBO to watch. And I might actually be hanging out with friends tonight. Jess and Megan might be around, as might Clare and Paul.

Until tomorrow

No comments: