Sunday, January 08, 2006

Cavs Win, but Damon Jones is a Douchebag

the Cavs beat the Bucks, but Jones....
Cavs reserve guard Mike Wilks played a season-high 26 minutes and most of the fourth quarter as coach Mike Brown chose to keep Damon Jones, who is starting in place of Hughes, on the bench for the entire final period.

After Jones missed two 3s early in the third, some aggravated Cavs fans booed the self-described "best shooter in the world," who is a combined 5-for-28 on 3-pointers in his last six games.Jones made his next one, and promptly covered his ears with his hands before running back on defense. A few seconds later, Jones shouted, "Boo that!" and as he checked in following a timeout, he said, "Put that in your newspaper, I don't want no more applause."

He stood by his comments after the game."I'm still the best shooter in the world," he said. "I'm not going to pass up shots. I've never done that in my life. If you are going to boo, boo. Don't be fair weather. I'd rather not be applauded."


Here's the thing, I don't consider booing a guy to be fairweather. When a guy has a bad game, don't boo. When he has a two bad games, don't boo. But when a guy proclaims himself to be the best shooter in the world, and proceeds to a) shoot poorly b) showboat when he makes one and c) not play defense, I believe its okay to boo.

Was Donyell Marshall booed? I don't think so, and he had a crappy last few games. Maybe Damon Jones is cranky that Snow is starting ahead of him, or maybe he misses Miami's weather, now that hes into the deep Cleveland winter; I dunno.

But Jones took the money to sign with Cleveland, then ran his mouth aobut how sweet he was. Maybe he didn't talk to coach Brown and his love of defense
, cause Jones doesn't play it. He's been getting minutes, just not starting (Snow plays GREAT defense).

And don't worry Damon, if you keep talkin like that, making shots or not, you may not hear the cheers.

No comments: