Thursday, June 23, 2005

Ferry as GM

Now, I'm not sure how I feel about this. Part of me thinks this is a pretty dumb PR move. Ferry isn't exactly everyones favorite Cavalier.

But by all accounts Ferry has a good basketball mind. And he always was a classy guy here in Cleveland. As Shaw points out, Ferry never lashed out at the fans or the media here. And he did have some unfair expectations put on him.

However, for all of, former GM, Wayne Embry's good moves, the trade for Ferry... Oiy.

As much as I've ragged on the guy, I do have some fond memories of him. As Shaw points out, he was always feisty:
During those years when the Cavaliers were being insulted as marshmallows, Ferry kept showing up on opponents' list of dirtiest players in the NBA.

The Cavs could be doing a lot worse than Danny Ferry as their GM (Greg Anthony, ugh), so hopefully this can work out. (That being said, PLEASE NO LARRY BROWN!)

No comments: