Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Never Underestimate the Champs

As Bill Simmons did.

As Simmons points out, going into game 7, the Spurs have lost the last 3 of 4. Which is pretty bad. They were up 2-0 in the series and it could be over right now, if Robert Horry didn't save their ass in game 5.

I thought they would have it wrapped up in game 6, I thought the Pistons were done. And aparently San Antonio did too, because they played like crap.

I don't know how many more times I can take Ginobli driving into a crowd while having NO IDEA what he is going to do with the ball once he gets there.

If the Spurs want to win game 7 tomorrow Duncan has to make his free throws. This is getting pretty ridonkulous. I know near the end of game 5 Duncan was pulling a Karl Malone and taking WAY too much time on each shot. Can that really be helping him at this point? I mean, I would try to find a rhythm, he's killing any rhythm he gets by holding the ball for so long. Plus, I'm pretty sure he's not thinking 'happy thoughts' while he's holding that ball for 10 seconds.

Duncan is (and always will be) one of the best, if not THE best, power forwards of all time. But if the Spurs are going to win tomorrow night, he needs to be hitting free throws at a 60% clip. I don't think that is too much to ask for a Future Hall of Famer.

No comments: