Monday, October 10, 2005

Stephen Lynch - Craig Machine

At first, before I heard the album, I didn't care for the title. I didn't know what it meant, but still, Craig Machine? Dumb.

However, after giving it a good listen or 5, I love the title.

The whole album (concert) is filled with catchy acoustic tunes, with hilarious and sometimes offensive lyrics. Where if you know anything about me, I love acoustic guitar stuff and offensive jokes. So it works for me.

And some of the songs are off color. The nazi references galore (Little Tiny Moustasche), some herpes fun(Love Song), abortion and SIDS jokes (Baby) and rocking nerd song (D&D).

I don't want to get too much more in depth than that, cause I don't want to spoil the jokes. But needless to say, this album is pretty sweet.

As for the title, the song Craig deals with Jesus's partying, drinking, rock and roll brother Craig. It's awesome.

No comments: