Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Beatles Stuff

As many of you know, I am a HUGE Beatles fan. I believe they are the best band ever, and if you disagree I will fight you. I recently caught a few articles about them:

First, Paul says they would've reunited for Live 8.

Second, the Let It Be movie is looking like it'll be out on DVD soon.

First with the Live 8. I've always wondered what would've happened if Lennon hadn't died. Would the Beatles have gotten back together in the 80s? Would it have been worth it? Would it have tainted the bands image? Part of me wants to believe that yes, they would've gotten back together and yes, it would've been amazing. But part of me thinks that it wouldn't have gone well and would've just cheapened their reputation.

As for Live 8, imagine a day that Pink Floyd reunited AND the Beatles reunited! That would've been something. I think that if Lennon hadn't been murdered, the Fab Four would've played together before 2005. I can't imagine them NOT playing together from 1970-2005. But alas, John and George died early, so who knows. It's one of the great 'what ifs' of 20th century pop culture. But if Lennon and Harrison were alive? I bet something like Live 8 would be right up their alley.

As for the Let It Be DVD... SWEET. An inside look at the greatest band ever? Yes please. I'll take it. Seeing the group write and album and break up at the same time? I think I could watch that. A lot.

No comments: