Sunday, September 04, 2005

More Pluto

Why does the Tribe not draw?

Here's my point: For the baseball fan, isn't the bottom line how the team produces on the field? Is it winning? Is it moving in the right direction? Does it make good trades? Is it fun to watch?

Who buys a ticket to watch an owner?

It just seems the Indians are delivering on their promise -- they said they'd contend for the playoffs in 2005, and that's what they are doing.

I like this team. Key players such as Victor Martinez, C.C. Sabathia, Travis Hafner, Coco Crisp, Cliff Lee, Sizemore and others will be around for a few years because of their contract extensions or they simply are not close to free agency. The farm system is healthy. Even if they do lose Millwood, they have other pitchers coming -- and can use his $7 million to sign someone else.

I really don't understand the negativity around a team that could win 90 games.


Here's my thoughts on this, back in the 90s, you could tell which games the Indians were going to win. Like if they were playing a bad team, you could tell they were going to win and win big before the game or series even started. With this team, you know they should win, but you never know? Does that even make sense? Like they'll get swept by Tampa Bay at home in one series and then go 5-2 on a road trip.

But it shouldn't matter... they don't mash like the old teams, but they win. That's all that should matter.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Ben Cox, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title More Pluto. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse jewelry related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse jewelry related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse jewelry. Thank you and I wish you well .

Anonymous said...

Hey Ben Cox GREAT title More Pluto. Thats what actually caught my eye. I was surfing blogs to try and help my customers and visitors with information on my website about ##Keyword## and paused to read but ran out of time. I will book mark it and come back to read later. This isn't really what I was looking for what I really need is information about http://www.horse-lover-gift-ideas-central.com/ related subjects but thank you and I shall return. I wish you well.

Anonymous said...

Ben Cox GREAT title More Pluto. I am actually looking for Carousel horse related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other Carousel horse related blogs. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Hello Ben Cox, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title More Pluto. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse games related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse games related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse games. Thank you and I wish you well .

Anonymous said...

Ben Cox GREAT title More Pluto. I am actually looking for Carousel horse related information to give my customers on my website. I paused at the title and ran out of time to read, but will book mark you and come back latter to check you out some more. I am off to find some other Carousel horse related blogs. Thank you.